Creating a Virtual Machine:
- Select Create a resource > Compute > Windows Server 2016 Datacenter on the top left of the screen.
- In select Virtual Machine select the following information.
- For resource group select MyVM that you have created in the last session.
- Give the Virtual Machine name as MyVM1.
- Select the region South India.
- For Availability options select Availability Set and click on Create new and give a valid name for it, leave the rest for default. Then select ok.
- Under administrator give the user name and password for your choice.
- For inbound ports select HTTP and RDP.
- Leave the rest for the defaults.
- And select Review+Create.
- Once your validation is paused then select Create.
Installing web server:
- Open the PowerShell in your Virtual Machine and add the command Install-WindowsFeature -name Web-Server -IncludeManagementTools
- After the process completion close the PowerShell.
- Open My Computer > Windows C: > inetpub > wwwroot and open the file iisstart with Notepad.
- Add the following code snippet <center><h1>VM1<h1><center> and save the file.
- After that run the file.
Install a New Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Forest:
- Download Azure Active Directory in your Virtual Machine using the link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=615771
- Install and run the file.
- Select thee server role>Active Directory Domain Service.
- Add roles and feature wizards to Active Directory.
- Then move to Deployment Configuration and select Add a new forest.
- Select a Root Domain Name for your choice and click on next.
- In Domain Controller option select DNS Server and give valid password.
- Leave the rest to default and Click on next until reaching the installation page.
- Once reaching the installation page click on Install.
Getting started with Azure AD Connect using express settings:
- Sign in as a local administrator to the server you wish to install Azure AD Connect on. You should do this on the server you wish to be the sync server.
- Navigate to and double-click AzureADConnect.msi.
- On the Welcome screen, select the box agreeing to the licensing terms and click Continue.
- On the Express settings screen, click Use express settings.
Give a user name and password for your choice.
On the Connect to AD DS screen, enter the username and password for an enterprise admin account. You can enter the domain part in either NetBios or FQDN format, that is, FABRIKAM\administrator or fabrikam.com\administrator. Click Next.
After completing the validation process click next.
- Leaving the Start the synchronization process as soon as configuration completes checkbox enabled will immediately trigger a full synchronization to Azure AD of all users, groups, and contacts.
- When the installation completes, click Exit.
- After the installation has completed, sign off and sign in again before you use Synchronization Service Manager or Synchronization Rule Editor.